Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training
Must be a 200-Hour certified Yoga Teacher to attend (proof of certificate required)
May 5-7, 2017
9am-6pm everyday (27 hours total)
$450 Earlybird if paid in full by February 1, 2017
$550 Regular price after February 1, 2017.
Training topics covered will include:
- Understanding what trauma is and how it affects individuals on a neurobiological level.
- Recognizing the fight, flight and freeze response & helping individuals shift out of these stress-response states
- Trauma-sensitive approaches to teaching yoga including yoga postures, breathing techniques and meditations to help ground, center and support healing and self-regulation
- Crafting a Trauma-Informed class including cuing and trauma-sensitive language, knowing when and how to apply safe touch and hands-on adjustments, and intelligent sequencing.
- Practicing teaching
- Creating a safe and supportive space for healing to unfold
- Building safe connection with self and others
- Journaling and self-inquiry work to uncover our own biases and beliefs and understand how our past experiences can impact our work.
Payment due in full by April 1, 2017. Refunds may be issued prior to April 1, 2017, less a $100 non-refundable processing fee. Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable after April 1, 2017.